Judicial Clerkship Forums  

Go Back   Judicial Clerkship Forums > Advanced Forums > Career Service Professionals
User Name
Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Old 03-29-2003, 08:03 AM
Basic Member

Federal Law Clerk Information System Updating

What efforts are being made to broaden the use of this system? It's extraordinary in concept and format, but far from comprehensive. Further, what efforts are being made to encourage updating/purging of clearly outdated listings. Small example - Judge Marsh, US Bankruptcy Judge, Central Dist. of CA not going to be on the bench, so not hiring future clerks.
Old 04-01-2003, 06:53 PM
Administrator

Yes, I pointed out these deficiencies when I prepared the description of this system for my book. It is illustrative that my source at the Administrative Office of U.S. Courts wanted me to emphasize that although the FLCIS was developed by the AO, it is not maintained by them. Translation: they rely on individual judges to keep their own listings current. Still, this relatively new (circa Oct. 2000) source is enormously helpful and "is a way to level the playing field, because it makes information available to everyone." (Behind the Bench: The Guide to Judicial Clerkships at 229.) Perhaps we can gather and send this sort of feedback to the AO. Are there any more suggestions?
Old 09-20-2006, 03:58 AM
Basic Member

Too early...