Judicial Clerkship Forums  

Go Back   Judicial Clerkship Forums > Basic Forums > Current & Former Clerks
User Name
Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Old 07-31-2007, 12:52 PM
Basic Member

Question Waiting After Interview

If you do not receive an offer on the spot or within 24 hours of an interview, what are the chances that you will receive one later? Has anyone ever received an offer a few days (or even a week) after an interview with a judge?
Old 08-03-2007, 07:41 AM
Basic Member

Responses please...
Old 08-03-2007, 11:23 AM
Basic Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by EagerOne1234
If you do not receive an offer on the spot or within 24 hours of an interview, what are the chances that you will receive one later? Has anyone ever received an offer a few days (or even a week) after an interview with a judge?
Have you already interviewed? Then you must be a graduate, right?

I don't think its abnormal for clerkship decisions to take longer than 24 hours. If the judge is interviewing 6 people, and each has to travel, the judge might have a hard time getting them all to come in on the same day, or even on consecutive days.
Old 08-06-2007, 09:00 AM
Basic Member

I have already interviewed, but I am going to be a 3L this year. The judge had a very early (and tight) application/interview period. I believe the judge interviewed 5 people.

Another question: I spoke with a clerk for another judge. She informed me that the judge had already made an offer to someone else, BUT she would speak to him about interviewing me as well. We set up an interview (which happened last week). This clerkship is only for 7 months instead of 12. I haven't heard anything back. Any ideas as to what's going on? I'm assuming that if the other person accepted, the clerk would email me (as she did before) to let me know that the position was no longer available. I believe that I was the only person the judge interviewed last week.
Old 08-07-2007, 01:55 AM
Basic Member

Scholar ship

Son of my friend has decided to join legal studies.Will be able to get scholar ship.